During Chinese New Year, we tend to overeat and resulted in excess fat accumulated inside our body. The situation will get worse when we do not have many exercises and as a result, we gain weight and face digestive and other related problems. The best way is to make a wise choice in food intake, making sure that you are having a healthy and balanced diet!
- The sole principle should be ‘less oil, less sugar, less salt and more fiber’.
- Less oil: keep the usage of oil to the minimum in your cooking. One alternative is to use water to boil, to minimize frying as a way of cooking. Chinese like to eat chicken during festive season because it signifies ‘family fortune’. Do not forget to remove the skin of the chicken, use less salt and oil to cook. You will discover that the dishes will be tastier and healthier.
- We always neglect vegetables and fruit intake during the festive season. You should prepare more dishes with high fiber content to balance your diet. If you are going to have a steamboat, try to go for food that contains less calories like bean curd.
- Prawn and octopus are high in cholesterol, do limit their intake. The best choice is saltwater prawn. You should also limit the intake of sea cucumber, squid, shark’s fin and abalone. Quaver will not affect the blood sugar level, you can take as much of it as you want. Mullet is high in cholesterol, you should also limit its intake and do not use too much oil to cook it.
- Preserved wax meats and sausages have high oil and salt content, they also contain carcinogens. Do not eat too much of those. After you eat these kinds of food, please take BIOBAY Phyllanthus and BIOBAY FITO-C in order to minimize their carcinogenic effect. When purchasing preserved wax meat, try to go for leaner meat. You can roast the sausage to minimize its oil content.
- When you are taking rice cake or grilled pork, do not use too much spice or sauce. If it is possible, try to make your own dessert, because it is more economical and healthier. Peanuts and almonds have high-calorie content, you should stay away from them.
- You should prepare moderate amounts of food and try to minimize wastage of food. Even though unfinished food may be kept in the refrigerator for future consumption. However, incomplete cooking or reheating of that food would cause food poisoning and digestive problem.
- Maintain an ‘80% full’ principle, do not eat too much food. Do remember, you only have a stomach, it can only handle a certain amount of food.
- Do take a bowl of soup before you eat, it will decrease the body’s absorption of calories.
- Drink enough water as it will help excrete the poisonous material inside the body. Plain water and Green tea should be your first choice. They do not have any calories and can increase metabolism. Please beware of carbonated drinks and alcohol, too much alcohol consumption will damage the liver and digestive system.
Ideal Products Recommendation
- BIOBAY Phyllanthus
BIOBAY Phyllanthus Plus comprises a powerful combination of Phyllanthus and milk thistle. Both are herbs used to treat liver and gall bladder diseases. Other than providing anti-inflammatory effects, they protect our liver cells from toxins and help to normalize liver enzymes level. Phyllanthus also helps in combating kidney stones, hence it is being called the “stonebreaker”. BIOBAY Phyllanthus Plus is most suitable for individuals who often drink alcohol, sleep late, or suffer from chronic fatigue and stress.
- BIOBAY Fito-C
BIOBAY Fito-C is from 100% natural fruit sources which help to improve our immune system, protect cells against oxidative stress and reduce feelings of fatigue. It also helps in the formation of collagen and enhances iron absorption. Furthermore, it regulates the proper functioning of blood vessels, teeth, gums, bones, cartilage and skin. Other than providing Vitamin C, it also contains many other nutrients including phytonutrients, enzymes and coenzymes which all contribute to better well-being.
- BIOBAY Purmarine Fish Oil Plus
BIOBAY Purmarine Fish Oil Plus is a product of Canada that uses molecular distillation technology to produce concentrated Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is extremely well-known for the many health benefits that it provides for heart, brain and joint health. Besides, BIOBAY Purmarine Fish Oil Plus also contains sea buckthorn seed oil and vitamin D3 to provide additional health benefits.
- BIOBAY Yogard
BIOBAY Yogard is a newly formulated pre & probiotics supplement that consists of bacteria from 10 strains of genera which specifically chosen for your benefits. It helps to increase your immune system, reduces digestive problems, and balances gut problems. It helps in improving cognitive performance and improves emotional control. Other than boosting your immune system, it reduces the incidence of eczema of children if taken prenatally. Overall, BIOBAY Yogard probiotics provide a wide range of health benefits.
- K’yanoll Lemon Oilido
K’yanoll Lemon is a revolutionary product that combines both natural botanical extracts and soluble dietary fiber to perform excellent fat-blocking action. Its special duo-action aids to burn fat and also block fat absorption. Undigested fat will be excreted naturally in feces. Lemon Oilido is your hassle-free solution to cut down calorie intake.
- K’yanoll D’Toxzyme
K’yanoll Detoxzyme is specially formulated and can be used as a high fiber supplement to help detox our body. The vegetable ingredients such as wheat grass and barley grass provide essential nutrients to gout patients who have a high intake of meat. It is an ideal food supplement to maintain a balanced diet for those who live a busy lifestyle.